Work Comp Lawyer San Bernardino
When an employee suffers an occupational illness or injury, the employee can get help through the workers’ compensation system, which is a state-mandated insurance program. Although there are a few exceptions, almost every employer in the state is required to carry work comp insurance.
Work comp provides several different types of benefits to workers injured on the job, including:
- Medical benefits – care that is required to “relieve or cure” the effects of an injury or illness
- Mileage benefits – reimbursement for travel expenses accrued as a result of the injury or illness
- Temporary disability benefits – payments for earnings lost while recovering from an injury or illness that has no permanent affects
- Permanent disability benefits – payments for earnings lost as a result of a “permanent and stationary” injury or illness
- Job retraining benefits – vouchers for skill enhancement training
Disability Benefits Attorney San Bernardino
Workers suffering from a work-related injury or illness may also be able to get benefits through the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program. The SSDI program is a federal program designed to help workers who are no longer able to work as a result of a significant injury or illness.
Although the SSDI program is designed to help those suffering from long-term or permanent injuries, a worker with a temporary injury may be able to collect SSDI benefits if:
- An employer and their insurance carrier are disputing whether or not an injured worker should receive work comp benefits. SSDI benefits may be paid temporarily to the worker while the dispute is being resolved.
- SSDI benefits are higher than workers’ compensation benefits
Disability Benefits Lawyers San Bernardino
Employees suffering from a significant injury or illness may be able to collect both work comp benefits and SSDI benefits simultaneously if their work history qualifies them for both types of programs.
If you are not sure what program you qualify for, please speak to a skilled workers ’compensation attorney at the Workers Compensation Attorney Group in San Bernardino immediately. All of our lawyer’s have years of work comp legal experience and can quickly tell you what programs you are eligible for. When you sit down face to face with a knowledgeable work injury lawyer in our group, you will also learn how their legal expertise can be used to your advantage when facing the work comp system.
Sadly, many hurt workers find themselves facing an uphill battle when trying to get benefits. Don’t risk your one chance to get the assistance you need for a better future. Contact our group today to learn how we can help.
San Bernardino Work Comp Attorneys San Bernardino
Time is of the essence concerning legal matters. If you suffered a workplace injury or illness, it is highly recommended you do not wait to talk to a dedicated work comp attorney at the Workers Compensation Attorney Group in San Bernardino . They are passionate about helping individuals hurt on the job and won’t rest until they have secured you fair benefits for a devastating injury or illness.
You won’t have to pay for the initial case review and you won’t be asked for any upfront fees. In fact, you won’t owe a cent until your case has been won – guaranteed. Reach our group by calling 909-475-3009 or by submitting a case contact form.